Monday, January 5, 2009

Random kid stuff from 2008

I continue to find it amazing that I'm a mom to three boys. It's such a joy (most of the time-ha ha) and I wish I didn't take it for granted as much. I want to cherish these precious lives and remember everything about these years....yet most days I am so wrapped up in me and what I need to get done, I just don't appreciate them as much as I could.

Brandon is such a great kid--he is obedient and while he loves to bug his brothers, he is just a fun boy to be around. I enjoy conversations with him, I enjoy playing card games with him, and overall I just think he's a well-rounded young man. At the age of 8, he really enjoys school (mostly math), soccer, bugs, reading chapter books, piano lessons, playing with Legos, and watching "cool" movies like National Treasure and Prince Caspian. He is finally learning to ride his bike and swim--things he would have learned ages ago if we were living in a place with a decent pool and good bikes! :o)



Jonathon is a typical 2nd born--if you have more than one child, you may know what I'm talking about. He is our "spirited" child, I'm choose this word as opposed to "strong willed"...seems less harsh. lol He is very sensitive and funny he's got such a sweet & tender heart--and at the same time, he can be so spirited that it drives us nuts! He's 6 and also loves school--more for the social times, but he does do very well and managed to get very good grades this year as well. I find it hard to believe he just finished Kindergarten and will start 1st grade in March. He loves math, soccer, catching really creepy bugs in his bug catcher, playing with the dogs, playing with Legos, and we are working this summer (it is summer now for us) on reading. He loves to try to sound out about any word he sees. He is really hoping that this baby will have blond hair and green eyes and look like him. I guess because he is more fair than the other boys, he needs some comraderie. ha ha He brings me much joy.



And then there's Nathan...who is pure sugar! We always ask him if he's pure sugar and he always responds with, "No, you are". :o) He loves most everything about life. He loves school, his friends, his dogs, his Legos, his soccer ball, his sunglasses....well, you get the picture. Math is his favorite thing right now, which is funny since he's only 4--well, he'll be 5 in March, but I still don't know many 4 OR 5 year olds who love to do math problems! He is always asking me to do addition and subtraction for him, and recently he learned to do double digits (no carrying or borrowing yet), which he is very proud of. He kisses my belly everyday and tells the baby how much he loves it--he is the only one that wants a sister--the other two boys want another brother.



I know with confidence that this new baby is going to be loved. These boys have so much love to give and are anxiously awaiting the birth of their new brother or sister.

1 comment:

Mommy Jules said...

I forgot how close in age Connor and Nathan are! Connor will be 5 on Jan. 27th! I can't believe it. I really enjoyed this post about your boys. It is so amazing how different siblings are from one another. I am looking forward to the post when you introduce #4!!!!