Friday, October 28, 2011

Life in Lima

We live in an area of Lima called La Molina.  It's conveniently located about 2 blocks from a major supermarket, and within driving distance from other major shopping areas.  I can literally run from my house to Starbucks in 5 minutes.  Just in case you wanted to know that.  I drive to a large supermarket, called Wong, every Monday morning with Sophia...and if she behaves herself, she gets to ride in the mechanical car at the exit for just 2 soles (60 cents).  She is a great shopper, and loves helping me pick out tomatoes, apples, and bananas. 

A typical day for Sophia and I would mostly be spent puttering around the house, running errands, and cooking/baking meals or desserts.  We so enjoy spending time together, and we have such a special bond that I wouldn't give up for the world. 

We love living in Lima, I have even started driving!!!  Driving is so crazy.  It's like rush hour on crack.  Big city driving has never really bothered me, but Lima driving is way more aggressive, you have really be paying attention all around you at all times.  If you look behind you, you better be watching in front of you.  A good lesson in patience.

No comments: