Friday, September 21, 2012

Forgiveness

I read a great article recently that I would love to quote, it's written on forgiveness and I have just been discussing this subject with one of the boys.  I find forgiveness, without holding a grudge, very hard to do sometimes, and so I find it hard to model this at times for my boys.  I know, deep down, that if I harbor bitterness for someone or something, it hurts me more than the person I need to forgive.  How can I model something that I struggle with myself?  I don't have a great answer, all I know is that I want to continue to encourage my kids to keep trying to forgive and move on and stay positive.

Here is what I read:
"When we let someone off of our hook, and place him or her on God's hook, we will be free.  It doesn't mean what the person did was not wrong.  It does mean that you are no longer going to let the memory of it hold you captive .  It means that you are no longer going to use the person's sin against him or her.  (Proverbs 31 Ministries)

Such great words of wisdom!!

No comments: