Monday, May 20, 2013

Gearing up for the end of the school year...already?!

It's the middle of May...and I'm counting down the days until the end of school!!  Actually, I'm counting down the days I have left of making lunches.  And it's 21.  Yeehaw!  This year, we are headed back to the U.S. after school gets out, in fact we leave the day after school gets out--no monkeying around for us, we are excited to be going home for a few weeks! We have a 7-week visit ahead and we are already making lists of things we want to eat, see, and enjoy!!

Here in Peru, the end of the American school year marks the beginning of winter since we are in the Southern Hemisphere.  So while some of you are enjoying the warmer weather, we are breaking out the jeans, sweaters, and scarves and packing up the shorts, tanks, and flip flops.  I don't welcome winter, it's not my favorite season of the year, so this year I count myself fortunate that I get to enjoy the Peruvian summer and the U.S. summer.  It's the best of both worlds!

The end of the school year also means more goodbyes.  Some of the boys' classmates are leaving and returning to their home countries, while others might transfer schools, or their parents will be transferred to another country.  It's not easy for me either, as many of my sweet friends are also moving on to other adventures and jobs...I will miss them dearly.

So here are a few fun "Fall" pictures as the kids spend time with classmates, friends, and each other.









No comments: