Monday, April 22, 2013

My toe is controlling my entire body!

I'm sitting here with my foot elevated, trying to figure out how one simple digit can cause so much pain!?  I clipped my toenail last week and some of the skin was attached and it ripped down the edge of my toe.  I thought it would heal quickly, but it has turned into a huge pain in the toe, literally.  Our mission Director, who happens to be a medical doctor, did some minor surgery on it--he lanced it, hoping to draw out the infection, and then he cut part of my toenail off.  It is a nightmare right now.  I can barely walk and am just amazed at how one toe can affect my entire state of mind.  Boo hiss toe.  I'm supposed to travel with Jeff this weekend and can't imagine how I'll even walk through the airport, but this is Monday and I guess I have until Friday to see if it heals at all--pretty sure I can't send my husband off to run a marriage retreat as a single.  That just won't do.

No comments: