Tuesday, March 21, 2017

January 18, 2016

The Best Yes by Lysa Terkeurst

I've wanted to read this for a few months and finally decided to start it over the break. It's been revolutionary as my heart and mind prepare to make decisions I'm not ready to make. In light of our tiredness, Lysa encourages us to make decisions that will not bankrupt us emotionally, financially, physically, or spiritually. Amazing.

I don't know how to be a full-time working mom and wife and not bankrupt my family. There has to be a balance somewhere, but I'm not sure how to find it. How do moms who work outside the home for 8+ hours a day find time to have a solid devotional life, time to exercise, time to prepare meals, clean the house, do laundry, etc. without bankrupting their families?

"Our decisions aren't just isolated choices. Our decisions point our lives in the directions we are about to head."

Are you telling me it's impossible to do all the things I'm doing?

"Once you've jumped into the raging river, you've diminished your ability to make decisions. Trace the river's path BEFORE jumping in!"

What do I need to release? If I say "yes" to this, I will have to release something else...


No comments: