Friday, November 7, 2008

Another Continent To Add To My List!!


I'm home!! It's amazing for me to think that after 21 days and 51 total hours of flying, I'm back in Abancay. I left Peru on October 15th and arrived back in Abancay on November 5th. It's the longest I've been away from Jeff & the boys, and boy did I miss them! Poor Jonathon even said he had to look at pictures of me because he was forgetting what my face looked like. I could have cried.

Thailand was absolutely amazing, it was a trip I won't forget, one I hope Jeff & the boys get to experience someday. I went for an SIM conference (see post below for details) and then stayed on an extra 10 days to travel around with a friend.

My conference was great, I met such wonderful ladies and learned so much to help me out as I pursue my new role as Personnel Coordinator for our Peru field. I hope to be able to share some of what I learned in the next blog, and then in future blogs share a bit of my trip.

This picture on the elevator door really cracked me up. Those of you who have been to Asia will know why...but apparently Durian is a fruit that, while having a rather good taste, has the most awful smell you can imagine. So most public places (hotels, restaurants, etc.) have banned the fruit from being brought onto the premises. In the supermarket near our hotel, they did sell Durian candy and Durian chips (which were pretty tasty and didn't stink).

2 comments:

Tony and Julie said...

Jonathon's comment is so sweet - heartbreaking for you I can imagine! Isn't it good to be loved and missed?! Great photo, by the way. What a funny policy!

Janet said...

You mean you did not try Durian!!!! Boy did you miss out!!

One of the most memorable tastes I have ever experienced...

Note that I did not say good...