Friday, November 28, 2008

Bangkok


After leaving Chiang Mai, Jen and I flew to Bangkok where we were amazed at the sprawling skyline and the heat of the city! Not only was it hot, but it rained like crazy and was so humid that walking down the street caused me to sweat like I had been at the gym!

The first thing we did was visit a snake farm and watch a snake show full of venomous snakes! It was wild to see the handlers showing off the snakes, snakes like King Cobras and poisonous vipers--the announcer mentioned that the handlers get bitten by venomous snakes a couple times a year!! I think I'd look for a new job.

We also enjoyed walking around Lumphini Park, a large park located in the middle of the city--probably similar to Central Park. It's a beautiful park with a couple large lakes, in which we discovered live some very large lizards! I was certain they were komodo dragons, but Jen says they are water monitors which is probably more realistic than what I thought. Nonetheless, it was a bit creepy walking along the lake and seeing these large things swimming through the middle of the lake and resting on the shore!














We stayed in a great location, right off of a main street and near a Mexican restaurant, an Irish Pub, a French bakery and a Starbucks! We did some great shopping and I even learned that Ronald McDonald does the "Wai", the traditional Thai greeting.

No comments: