Saturday, July 25, 2009

Traveling to Lima for Priscilla's wedding


I'm so behind on blogging..."wow, with 4 kids how is that possible?", you are saying. :o)

Last month while Jeff was in Chicago, I left the boys with some good missionary friends and took Sophia to Lima for Priscilla's wedding. Priscilla is one of my closest friends here, she is also a missionary and like a sister to me. I hated leaving the boys, but I wasn't going to miss this opportunity to celebrate with her and Luke! I didn't take my camera, so I'll have to get some pictures from others who took them. It was a grand time, even as hard as it is to travel to get there, it was wonderful.

Sophia & I left early on a Thursday morning, I walked a few blocks to find a taxi to take me with Sophia, my suitcase and my stroller to the taxi stop. The "colectivos" are bigger taxis that can fit up to 4 people in them (well, we've seen them fit up to 15 in them) safely. When I got to the colectivo stop, I had to wait about 1/2 an hour for the taxi to fill up with 4 people so we could leave for Curahuasi.

Curahuasi is about 1 1/2 hrs away, at that point you have to get out and switch taxis and wait until the new taxi is full before leaving for Cusco. I had to wait about 1/2 an hour there for it to fill up and then we were off to Cusco. Once arriving in Cusco, the taxi leaves you at the "taxi stop" and I had to take out Sophia, my suitcase and the stroller and find another taxi to take me to the airport.

Once at the airport, I was able to check in and only waited about 1/2 hour until we boarded. Once in Lima, I took yet another taxi to the Guest House where I stayed for the rest of my time. It's a HUGE hassle to travel here, especially since we live in the middle of the Andes mountains--I'll have to find some good pictures of the roads to get out of our town!

In any case, I stayed for 4 days, was able to get Sophia in to the Pediatrician for her 4 month shots and check up, pick up a passport for some friends from the American Embassy, and spend a lot of time with friends. The boys did phenomonal with our friends and I was very thankful for the short time away!! The wedding was fantastic, Priscilla was gorgeous and I ended up feeding Sophia all through the ceremony so she wouldn't cry!! Thankfully it was a nice, short ceremony! lol

2 comments:

A Boy, His Girls & A Big Dog said...

You two sure are beautiful girls!!!

Unknown said...

She is gorgeous! And you are beautiful!! Love the bow!!