Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Sophia turns ONE!


Yes, our daughter turned one on March 3rd, and I have to admit I'm a bit sad!  I know I should be happy and excited as she turns the corner into "toddlerhood" and will continue to grow and develop month after month...but at the same time, I LOVED these past 12 months with her and just want to hold her tight and not let her grow up. 

She had her 1st year check up on her birthday, so we celebrated the night before with our family and parents.  Papa Krohn's bday (Jeff's Dad) is on March 2nd and so we ate giant Angel Food cupcakes together and sang Happy Birthday to celebrate.  It was a simple, yet sweet time.

On March 3rd, Sophia and I met with her new Pediatrician.  We really liked Kristen and were pleased to hear that Sophia is meeting her milestones as she should.  She hasn't passed the major physical milestones yet (walking along furniture, standing alone, walking, etc.) but Kristen was sure that since Sophia just got her brace off recently, she should start doing these things.  Sophia got her vaccines, 4 of them!!!  She also had to have blood drawn from her sweet, little hand so they can test her thyroid, her glucose and Celiac...this is all in response to her low weight.  At her 12-month check up, she was 15.4 lbs and was 26 inches long...both were below the charts, but were proportionate with each other. 

My sweet baby...don't grow up too fast!  I love you!

No comments: