Tuesday, December 11, 2012

London

There's no way I can do London justice with one post...not even 10 would do the job.  London was amazing, it was culture, history, color, uniqueness and drizzle all mixed up in one feeling of happiness. The only way it could have been better, would have been to have my family with me; so many times I thought of the fun we would have as a family--someday maybe.

Helen and I took the train into the city, dropped our things off at a friend's house and then set out to see as much as we could possibly see in just 24 hours! On my list was Buckingham Palace, Trafalgar Square, the London Eye, Big Ben, St. Paul's Cathedral, Parliament, to ride the "double decker" buses, the Tower Bridge, and Westminster Abbey.  Would you believe me if I told you we did it--via walking, the Underground, and the bus we were able to experience this amazing city in less than 24 hours.  Our friend who offered her home, also blessed us with a night tour in her car!  She took us from one end to the other, explaining the history behind so many of the things we had seen--honestly, her willingness to take us out for a tour after we had all come in for the night is a memory I'll keep with me forever.

Enough talking already, just show us the goods!!

My crazy fetish with clocks


The Underground-"Mind the Gap"-I love it!


Palace Guards

I love this culture!

Flag is flying--Queen is home!


No comments: